Wednesday, March 7, 2012

And the money just keeps on rolling in...



I hate to say it but, "Thank the Maker" that there are enough Star Wars crazies out there who will run to the theatre and watch The Phantom Menace in 3D. I can't even watch it on BluRay so never mind me attempting to stay awake with a hideous pair of glasses strapped to my face... no-sir-eee!

The worst film in the history of the franchise grossed over 100 million dollars (US dollar conversion) globally in it's short stint in the theatres which, for a moment, caused me to really look around and question the group of people I generally get associated with.

There is only one explanation for the small success of this 3D venture that I can come up with; There are enough die-hard fans out there so desperate to see Lucas convert the Original Trilogy into 3D that they are willing to sit through the prequels again in order to ensure its eventuality.

Good for them. I will thank them personally when I'm in line at the premier of Star Wars: A New Hope in 3D.

No comments:

Post a Comment