Thursday, August 11, 2011

A Fett full of dollars


Obviously the success of last year's "Rocket Firing Boba Fett" figure redemption was enough to make Hasbro think it was worth repeating. I'm not going to say I'm exactly thrilled about the idea of another rendition of Fett but I'm not going to snub my nose at it either. The prototype armour is pretty slick even if it is very, very similar to the Ralph McQuarrie version we were handed during the 30th Anniversary of A New Hope. Still I would have been much happier if they had made this year's redemption program a Vintage Kenner-style Darth Vader. I have the original from when I was a wee lad but getting my hands on a brand new one would be like stepping back in time for just a moment. Sideshow Collectibles is doing the giant 12" version of the vintage Vader but it's just not the same.

Ah, well, Boba in shining white armour will have to do for now. Maybe next year, Hasbro. Maybe next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment