Monday, August 15, 2011

Quality Time

Yes, I love Lego®. Yes, I love Darth Vader. These two things have already been established if reading my recent ramblings has taken but a moment of your time. Ah, yes, time is the key word here and Lego®, Vader and Time are all rolled into one nifty little alarm clock that helps keep me on track with my late night blogging. (Or at least it reminds me I should have gone to bed an hour ago.)

This handsome time piece is licensed by Lego® (or so the stamp from China on the back says) and is almost exactly like a large Lego® Darth Vader Minifigure as far as points of articulation go with the exception of a turnable head. He can sit or stand depending on how much prowess he commands on your nightstand and his arms and wrists allow for a variety of poses right down to the famous "I find your lack of faith disturbing" force choke. It does feature an alarm setting and if you press down on his head the LCD clock face lights up in a Sithly red glow.

Sadly, the alarm is just your typically annoying digital beeping that most dollar store travel alarm clocks offer. I was hoping for a little heavy Vader breathing to coax me out of my slumber. The other disappointing thing about my new clock is that he lacks his cape and lightsabre. What's with that I ask? Now I have to go and make those accessories myself.

I bought this particular item in the spring when it was on sale (yeah, baby) and they cleared out pretty quick. There was also a Stormtrooper version which I thought was equally as excellent a collectible but I stuck to my Vader only (and sometimes Boba Fett) rule and left it on the shelf. As of last week I noticed that these clocks have been restocked at Toy R Us with a new addition to the line; Lego® Anakin. Technically Anakin is Darth Vader so I could just... no, no... gotta draw the line somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment