Thursday, August 25, 2011

The Return of Carrie Fisher

Everybody gets older and we all have our bad habits that seem to speed up the process. Potato chips are my weakness. Lately they've found a nice comfy home right around my belt line and I'll be the first to admit it's time to go back to the gym. Unfortunately, for some, lavish lifestyles, alcohol and drugs put aging into hyperdrive and Carrie Fisher is a prime example. I watched her "Wishful drinking" one woman show and listened to the pitfalls of her life and understood that she was up against more than just the curse of the "Gold Bikini" legend. Still, any time I saw her, I couldn't help but feel like the little kid staring at an empty ice-cream cone while a double scoop of mint-chip melts slowly on the pavement. My brain couldn't put two and two together (or simply refused to). What had happened?

Fifty pounds, apparently.

Well, today, Carrie Fisher unveiled her new look after several months on the Jenny Craig program as their official spokesperson. To quote Darth Vader: "Most impressive". People are yammering about Botox, collagen injections, skin tucks and what not but, honestly, when you wreck your car you're bound to need a little more TLC than just a trip through the car wash. Anything to get her up and running again. I'm okay with it. Think of this as the Carrie Fisher "Special Edition" with restored quality and a bit of bonus material.



The best part is that now when I look at her I see an older version of the Carrie Fisher I remember from my youth instead of a woman that invokes the question, "That's Carrie Fisher?"

Congratulations, Carrie. You've done well.

No comments:

Post a Comment