Monday, December 28, 2015

They're home!


A while back I mentioned that my collecting had shifted focus on to the higher-end collectibles offered by a Hong Kong based company called Hot Toys Limited. The first of the Original Trilogy cast has finally arrived and I am not disappointed. The Han Solo and Chewbacca set is gorgeous. I am always in awe of the incredible detail this company can put into their 1/6th scale figures. The fur on Chewbacca is very well done. I was a little wary of what to expect, because real fur is often poorly done, but they delivered a perfect wookie in my books. Han Solo's face sculpt is bang-on too. It's the first time I've ever seen a Star Wars collectible that captures Harrison Ford's true likeness and his notable chin scar is like the icing on a cake.


Quick on the heels of Han and Chewie's arrival was the old wizard himself, Obi-Wan Kenobi. Sir Alec Guinness would have been pleased with the final product Hot Toys created... or perhaps balked at the commercialization of his likeness from a silly space movie. Either way I'm very glad to own this figure. Again, the detail is superb in every way right from his wise, all-knowing stare to his multi-layered, Tatooine weathered Jedi robes. I cannot wait for Vader to arrive. There is an epic duel begging to happen on my shelves.

No comments:

Post a Comment