Sunday, December 20, 2015

Spoiler Free!


It was hard but somehow I managed to stay spoiler free for The Force Awakens until I finally got to see it 4 days after its premier. My daughter fell victim to some douche-bag's attention seeking on the Minecraft servers two days earlier but I threatened to leave her at home if she even hinted at what the spoiler was.
The movie was great! J.J. and Disney delivered everything the cast has been promising and even my wife, the tolerant spouse of a Star Wars fan, gave it a "two-thumbs-up" rating. My youngest daughter wants BB-8 for Christmas (finally, real toys!) and both are arguing over who gets Rey for Disney Infinity 3.0. Better late than never for this old man!
So, without spoiling anything or divulging any particulars, I'm only going to mention that I thoroughly enjoyed the movie and the new cast is as energizing as the original cast was. While I appreciate having the gang back for the seventh film I honestly believe Rey's tale would have been strong enough to deliver the same great movie even if none of the original cast had signed on. It's that good and I'm definitely looking forward to the next instalment.

No comments:

Post a Comment